Sunday, February 4, 2018

Lost Sheep from the 2016 NY Empire State Tattoo Expo

This post almost never made it to Tattoosday. It's a long complicated story that involves lost recordings of my interview with a New Jersey-based artist, who I met at the 2016 Empire State Tattoo Convention (@nyempirestatetattooexpo). You read that right, this is from a year-and-a-half ago, and I unfortunately lost the name of the woman who shared this with me, but I do have some details salvaged.

First off, these amazing sheep totally caught my attention:


The woman who shared this explained that her adoptive mom was born in the year of the sheep. And the black sheep represents natural mother, whose name was "Ping." She joked that getting the sheep was a better tribute than just getting "Mom." Just below the sheep is a goose:



The tattoos were done by a couple of amazing artists - Paul Booth (@paulbooth) did the sheep and Nick Baxter (@burningxhope) did the goose and the rest of the arm.

Thanks to my unnamed contributor, who I will hopefully run into one day again, so I can properly thank her for sharing these amazing tattoos with us here on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2018 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: