Sunday, February 12, 2017

Luke's Sugar Skull (Tattoosday Walks Into a Bar)

It has been a while since we had a post from our occasional series Tattoosday Walks into a Bar.

Last Sunday I found myself at the Whole Foods in Gowanus, Brooklyn. Upstairs is a venue that includes a taproom, called The Roof

Luke, one of the bartenders, had this cool sugar skull tattoo on his forearm:


He credited the work to Jim White (@JIMWHITETATTOOIST) at Rivington Tattoo (@RivingtonTattoo) in Manhattan. Luke really likes the colors and thinks sugar skulls are "really cool." I tend to agree.

As for the beer, I had this delicious brew:


That's a Folklore, from Stillwater Artisanal Ales (@stillwater_artisanal).

It was really delicious. Called "an untraditional stout," I found it very flavorful, rich, and a little smoky. I highly recommend it!


Thanks to Luke for sharing his cool tattoo with us here on Tattoosday! Thanks also to the good people at The Roof, and the folks at Stillwater Artisanal for producing such a tasty beer!

This entry is ©2017 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: